Internet marketing is here to stay. More and more people are online looking for information and products. Wannabe online entrepreneurs emerge daily. They will come and they will go. A small minority will succeed and the majority will fail. I would like to help you succeed. Here I will share with you 8 critical tips for internet marketing success. Follow them and success will come.
I learned these tips during my Quick Start Challenge training, a bonus 5th week training.
8 Critical Tips For Internet Marketing Success
1. Don’t expect a magic button! As you will enter the the internet marketing stage you will be inundated with offers of software, ready made websites and ebooks that will promise to magically build your business for you. If you hear an offer like that don’t waste your money, run the other way!
The magic bullet for the success of your online business is your plan, the structure of your business and consistent, regular actions you take.
2. There are more opportunities in internet marketing now than there were ever before. Many people wrongly assume that internet marketing is saturated and that to generate income online is the thing of the past. On the contrary, lot of changes have taken place over the years. The number of online shoppers worldwide continues to increase dramatically. Social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, Youtube are hugely impacting the online world giving internet marketers many more opportunities. This is a great time to enter the market!
3. “Big Secret” – there is no such thing! An internet marketing beginner often falls prey to the lure of “Big Secret” the so called gurus promote. Just by reading a sales page or watching the sales video it is very difficult to tell what information is on the inside. Through my own experience, it is mostly regurgitated information, often junk. Rarely will you find the golden nugget you are looking for. Most of what you need to know you can find on a good forum.
4. Know that many marketers promote for favors (friends) rather than for value. You probably did not know that many marketers will promote products to support their friends. Sometimes the products may be of no value and relevance at all. If you see that happening, remove yourself from the list because obviously the person you trusted does not care about your online experience.
5. Over deliver to your subscribers. Always remember that your customers are people seeking help and not your ticket to riches. It is your responsibility to give them great value and the best support. If you are helpful, honest and genuine you will gain your customers’ respect and trust and your business will flourish. If you are not, your customers will leave and your business will fail.
6. Model your mentor or an expert in your niche. Modeling success is one of the fastest shortcuts to create a successful internet marketing business. If you find an opportunity to join a mentoring group of a highly successful internet marketer that you like, by all means do it. This will save you a lot of money in the long term. Copy the methods that brought success to your mentor. You do not need to reinvent the wheel
7. Do not chase opportunities and trends, build your business first. If you want to achieve internet marketing success first concentrate on establishing your business. Stop chasing the shiny objects. If you do that, chances are that you will have too many projects on the go, none completed and you will not make any (or very little) money. You will only get overwhelmed, overspent and burnt out.
8. Success is never quitting but doing everything it takes. The three quotes below by Dale Carnegie, Michael Forbes and Abraham Lincoln, one should always remember.
Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success…Dale Carnegie
Failure is success if we learn from it…Malcolm Forbes
Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed…Abraham Lincoln
Lastly, we all know that “Winners never quit and Quitters never win”!
Had I met Dean Holland and followed these 8 critical tips for internet marketing success at the beginning of my IM journey, my road to success would be much less bumpy and, most likely, right now I would be disclosing to you my formula for making some awesome residual income online. But we learn from our mistakes, that is what success is all about. Have you made some of these mistakes? What steps did you take to overcome them. Share your story with us.